Lead at Any Level® is proud to announce its diverse supplier certifications as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and Airport Concession Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) in
the State of Indiana. This recognition allows women-owned companies like Lead at Any Level®, as well as minority-owned companies, to compete with larger, more established firms when seeking contracts with the State of Indiana. In addition, government contractors can meet their own supplier diversity goals by hiring companies with DBE and ACDBE diverse supplier certifications.
“I am excited about the opportunities we’ll have to work with the State of Indiana and the ecosystem of firms that have contracts with the state,” said Lead at Any Level®’s CEO, Amy C. Waninger. “Our training programs can help those organizations build diverse leadership bench strength for a sustainable competitive advantage.”
About Indiana Diverse Supplier Certifications
Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) is the sole certifying agency for the DBE/ACDBE programs in the state of Indiana. These certifications allow a firm to participate as a DBE on contracts with funding through FHWA, FAA, or the FTA. To qualify, a firm must meet two sets of objective criteria, complete a lengthy application process, and undergo an on-site audit by trained government personnel.
Criteria 1: Ownership Requirements
The firm must be at least 51 percent owned by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals (women and/or ethnic minorities) who:
- Are US citizens or permanent residents
- Possess expertise in the field
- Control the daily business operations
- Fall below personal net worth thresholds
Criteria 2: Business Size Requirements
A small business, as defined by the Small Business Administration (SBA), which means:
- The firm’s average annual gross receipts may not exceed Small Business Administration size standards
- In any case, a firm’s gross receipts may not exceed a $23,980,000 average over the previous three fiscal years
Lead at Any Level®’s Other Certifications
Lead at Any Level® is proud to participate in a number of supplier diversity certification programs.
- In September 2018, Lead at Any Level® was recognized as a Women’s Business Enterprise by the Great Lakes Women’s Business Council (GLWBC) and the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC).
- The following month, the company received certification as an LGBT Business Enterprise (LGBTBE) by the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC).
- In July 2019, Lead at Any Level® was certified under the Buy Indiana Initiative, which sets a goal for state agencies to procure 90 cents ($.90) of each dollar from Indiana businesses. The company qualified due to its status as a business whose principal place of business is located in Indiana.