June is LGBTQ Pride month in the United States, when we honor the bravery of the Stonewall patrons who started the modern LGBTQ rights movement. Led by African-American trans activist Marsha P. Johnson, these heroes took a stand against public humiliation and police brutality.
Fifty years later, LGBTQ people still struggle to be seen and heard, especially at work. Whether you are a member of the LGBTQ community or an ally, a manager or an employee, you have a role to play in this evolution.
Here are some articles to help you on your journey, wherever it leads:
- You Don’t Have to Be in the Parade to Celebrate Pride Month
- To Be or Not to Be Out at Work
- Welcoming LGBTQ Employees: 6 Strategies
- Is Your Company Leaving Talent on the Table?
- Gender Identity: A primer for people who just don’t get it
- My own story: Coming Out as Bisexual in the Insurance Industry
Lead at Any Level offers a unique corporate training program for emerging and aspiring LGBTQ leaders!
How do you celebrate Pride Month? Let me know in the comments!